The inaugural halfway celebration leading up to Louisville Craft Beer Week in September will feature beer dinners, tap takeovers, pint nights, special beer releases and plenty more. And much like its big brother event, it is expected to draw people from all over the state and beyond.
According to a press release, Halfway to LCBW “is an effort to enhance localism, beer knowledge, and appreciation of the positive growth in the Kentucky craft beer industry.” It’s also a good chance to drink a beer or two with your friends.
Here are some featured events:
- Wednesday, April 16: West 6th beer dinner at Loui Loui’s Detroit Style Pizza
- Thursday, April 17: Thank God I’m a Country Boy Fan at Boombozz in the Highlands
- Friday, April 18: Sour Craft Kids Sequel at Four Pegs
- Saturday, April 19: Wild and Sour Saturday at Mellow Mushroom
- Sunday, April 20: Official LouisvilleBeer.com Recovery Brunch and Podcast at Against the Grain
There also will be an oyster stout release — with raw oysters added to the menu — at Against the Grain next Monday, April 21. A full list of events is posted at LouisvilleBeer.com, one of the event’s sponsors, along with Boombozz Taphouse in the Highlands and others.